Installing MySQL on a node machine using Chef
- Chef Server
- Chef Work Station
- A Node machine to install and run MySQL
- MySQL Cookbooks and its dependencies (if any)
- After downloading the MySQL cookbook and its dependencies (if any), upload them to the Chef Server using the following command from your Chef Work Station “knife cookbook upload cookbook_name”
- After you upload verify the cookbooks from your Chef’s GUI in polices section.
- Then add the MySQL cookbook to your nodes run list by using the following command “knife node run_list add node_name “recipe[cookbook_name]””
- You can also do this by navigating to the Nodes section, select the preferred node, edit run list and drag the MySQL cookbook from the available recipes and save it.
- Once this is done, your node is ready to install and run the MySQL on it.
- From your node, using the following command to run the MySQL cookbook “sudo chef-client”
- Check the MySQL services are up and running and log into it.
- If you are able to do so, MySQL is successfully installed using Chef
Thus we have succesfully installed mysql using chef