To install and run Wildfly on a Node machine.
- Chef Server
- Chef Work Station
- A Node to install and run Wildfly
- Wildfly Cookbook and dependencies
The dependencies are already downloaded and uploaded to install Apache Tomcat. If you haven’t downloaded, download the same dependencies and upload them to the Chef Server.
- After downloading the Wildfly Cookbook and its dependencies, using the following command to upload them to the Chef Server “knife cookbook upload cookbook_name” from Chef Work Station.
- After you upload, verify the cookbooks in the Server’s GUI.
- Then, you should add the Wildfly cookbook to the node’s run list. To do this, use the following command from your Chef Work Station “knife node run_list add “recipe[cookbook_name]”” or you can do it from the Chef’s GUI as discussed above.
- Once this is done, you are ready to install Wildfly on the preferred node.
- Log into the node machine and use the following command to install and run the Wildfly and its services “sudo chef-client”.
- After the process is done, that’s it Wildfly is successfully installed.
- To verify or access the Wildfly, copy the nodes IP address and hit it in the web browser followed by :8080 (PORT). So, your complete URL should look like http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/ where xxx will be your IP address.
- If the Wildfly home page is displayed, you’re done with the installation and the services are up and running.
Thus we have successfully installed wildfly using chef